South Beach meets New England

Monday, June 25, 2007

101 Reason I don't like Westport, CT

OK, here it goes... After one year of living here, in sweet pink bubble called Westport, I finally ready to summarize what's wrong with this cozy little town. I don't think I will be able to do it in one post so I will start with reason number one:
1. Snobby and very unhappy people live here.
Come to the Compo beach - the center of summer activities of the town of Westport. You'll see people dressing like there is the only shop in 100 mile radius and all they sell are RL polos.
Westport is a lovely town where for 2 mln dollars can buy you 1,500 sq.f house and local boutiques won't sell anything cheaper then average person's weekly paycheck.
These peoples lives are spent at parties, charity balls, renovating their enormous colonial style homes homes, playing tennis and polo, and getting their hair done every day.
I love visiting Compo Beach during weekdays afternoons. All local "Alpha Mothers" bring their perfectly groomed children to play in the park. Actually there are nannies who watch kids. All these mommies sit sipping their Starbucks and gossip.
My physician once mentioned me that there no busier doctors in Westport than shrinks. Prozac and Zoloft are part of daily menu of these sweet and calm folks. It took me a while to figure out what's wrong with this picture. I don't know where to start . There are too many factors to mention: religion, way they were brought by, traditions... All that shit that makes them feel proud and special.
To be continued...
posted by PhotoAttitude at 7:22 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home